TCP/IP for z/OS Implementation Workshop – CB69G CR
Course Code: CB69G
Brand: IBM Z – Mainframe
Skill Level: Intermediate
This intermediate course is for the Information Systems communications professional who is planning to install TCP/IP for z/OS and for TCP/IP users who are interested in installing and customizing IBM's TCP/IP product in interoperability environments and main applications.
You should understand:
- basic concepts and architecture of TCP/IP and the TCP/IP protocols.
You should be familiar with:
- z/OS systems and networking operations, and be familiar with z/OS UNIX Services configuration and usage.
You should also have a basic knowledge of data communications.
This intermediate course is for the Information Systems communications professional who is planning to install TCP/IP for z/OS and for TCP/IP users who are interested in installing and customizing…
This course is designed to provide the skills for basic implementation and customization of TCP/IP on z/OS.
- Unit 1 – TCP/IP for z/OS introduction
- Unit 2 – z/OS system prerequisites for TCP/IP
- Unit 3 – Basic customization
- Unit 4 – Network interfaces
- Unit 5 – Name services
- Unit 6 – OMPRoute
- Unit 7 – Telnet
- Unit 8 – Enterprise Extender
- Unit 9 – SyslogD
- Unit 10 – FTP
- Unit 11 – SMTP
- Describe IBM's z/OS TCP/IP product offering
- Describe the installation requirements and system customization for the z/OS TCP/IP implementation
- Define network interface attachments that produce connectivity for z/OS TCP/IP communications
- Construct TCP/IP configuration statements for z/OS to allow operation and connectivity to an existing TCP/IP network
- Configure TCP/IP for z/OS for basic communications functions
- Construct TCP/IP configuration statements for z/OS for selected TCP/IP application protocols services