SQL Workshop – SPVC – 2E121G SPVC
Course Code: 2E121G Brand: HDM – Db2 Category: Analytics Skill Level: Basic Duration: 16H Modality: SPVC Audience
This basic course is for everyone needing to write, support, or understand SQL queries. This includes but is not limited to end-users, programmers, application designers, database administrators, and system administrators who do not yet have knowledge of the SQL Data Manipulation Language (DML).
This course provides an introduction to the SQL language. This course is appropriate for students working in all DB2 environments, but particularly for, z/OS, Linux, UNIX, and Windows. The prerequisite for this course are:
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic editing skills
- Database skills are not required
This course is for end-users, programmers, app designers, DB admins and system admins needing to write, support, or understand SQL queries. Overview
This course provides an introduction to the SQL language. This course is appropriate for those working in all DB2 environments, but particularly for, z/OS, Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Simple SQL Queries
- Retrieving Data from Multiple Tables
- Scalar Functions and Arithmetic
- Column Functions and Grouping
- UNION and UNION ALL
- Using Subqueries
- Maintaining data
- Code SQL statements to retrieve data from a DB2 table, including the SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY clauses
- Code inner joins and non-correlated subqueries
- Use SQL arithmetic operations
- Use scalar and column functions
- Use UNION and UNION ALL
- INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE rows
- Code simple CREATE TABLE and CREATE VIEW statements