Private Cloud Management on IBM Power Systems – QZD33DG SPVC
Course Code: QZD33DG
Brand: Power Systems – Cloud
Skill Level: Advanced
Power Systems administrators
This course explains most cloud management features, starting with setting up a private cloud environment from the ground up moving on to cloud implementation and management concepts.
IBM PowerVC, an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) enabling software, provides a self-service cloud console for managing IBM Power Systems. It is built on OpenStack. OpenStack is a collection of open-source software projects that enterprises can use to run their own private cloud infrastructure.
This course explains most cloud management features, starting with setting up a private cloud environment from the ground up. It then covers planning, sizing and other advanced administrative tasks you can perform to become an efficient system administrator.
- Introduction to private cloud
- Working with your private cloud
- System administration on private cloud
- Images and virtual machines
- Advanced features of IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager
Upon completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe cloud computing concepts
- Implement a PowerVC private cloud
- – Prepare for and install PowerVC
- – Customize PowerVC to manage a private cloud infrastructure
- – Configure cloud-init on a source virtual machine to prepare for capture
- – Capture and deploy images
- Manage PowerVC REST APIs
- Backup and restore PowerVC