Introducing z/OS UNIX System Services – OP05G CR
Course Code: OP05G Brand: IBM Z – Mainframe Category: Systems Skill Level: Intermediate Duration: 20H Modality: CR Audience
This intermediate course is for all computer professionals who will use z/OS UNIX.
You should have a basic knowledge of z/OS equivalent to the course An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05G).
This intermediate course is for all computer professionals who will use z/OS UNIX. Overview
This course describes how open standards are implemented in a z/OS system by z/OS UNIX. UNIX System Services are introduced, and the role of z/OS as a server in the open systems environment is discussed. This is an introductory level course. It provides an overview of z/OS UNIX System Services (usually abbreviated to z/OS UNIX) as seen by the user. Details of installation and implementation for system programmers are not covered in this course.
- Welcome and introduction
- Unit 1. z/OS UNIX overview
- Unit 2. Introduction to z/OS UNIX
- Unit 3. Hierarchical file system
- Unit 4. z/OS UNIX shell and utilities
- Unit 5. z/OS UNIX shell commands
- Unit 6. Working with the shell
- Unit 7. Functions in z/OS UNIX
- Unit 8. Working with the z/OS UNIX environment
- Discuss the role of z/OS in an open systems environment
- Identify the basic terms used in z/OS UNIX
- Define the components of z/OS UNIX
- Explain major functions provided in z/OS UNIX
- Discuss opportunities for applications in a z/OS UNIX environment
- Identify z/OS base elements and optional features that make up z/OS UNIX
- Use the two interactive interfaces available to access the services