IMS Diagnostic Approaches – CM660GCR
Course Code: CM660G Brand: IBM Z – Information Management Solution Category: Systems Skill Level: Intermediate Duration: 24H Modality:CR Audience
IMS System Programmers responsible for supporting IMS and diagnosing IMS problems.
IMS System Programmers responsible for supporting IMS and diagnosing IMS problems. Overview
This class will teach you to understand the IMS software diagnostic process and to know what documentation is required to solve IMS software problems. IMS address space and Task Control Block (TCB) structures along with associated IMS control block structures will be examined to provide you with a roadmap to manuever through the diagnostic maze. Focus will be given to using Interactive Problem Control System (IPCS) and the IMS Interactive Dump Formatter to become familiar with IMS dumps.
- Review IMS documentation setup process
- IMS and z/os control block structure overview
- IPCS analysis overview
- IMS Wait analysis overview
- IMS abend analysis overview
- IMS dump analysis exercises
- Learn IBM's recommendations for IMS diagnostic setup
- Understand the usage of the IMS Interactive Dump Formatter
- Identify the key z/os IPCS commands that are useful for IMS problem diagnostics
- Describe the methodology for debugging IMS ABENDs
- Describe the methodology for debugging IMS waits/loops