IMS Data Sharing – CMW50G CR
Course Code: CMW50G Brand: IBM Z – Information Management Solution Category: Systems Skill Level: Advanced Duration: 48H Modality: CR Audience
This is an advanced course for IMS system programmers and database administrators, who implement and manage IMS systems using data sharing.
You should complete:
- IMS Database Recovery Control (DBRC) and Data Sharing (CM201) or
- IMS Database Recovery Control (DBRC) and Data Sharing – Web (CMW20)
- or have equivalent work experience
You should have working knowledge of IMS databases and the use of DBRC.
This is an advanced course for IMS system programmers and database administrators, who implement and manage IMS systems using data sharing. Overview
This is an online course. please do not make travel arrangements for this course. After you receive confirmation that you are enrolled, you will be sent further instructions to enroll in this clas.
Learn about Information Management System (IMS) data sharing capabilities. Examine how multiple IMS systems on different processors can access and update the same databases with complete integrity.
- Introduction to Data Sharing
- Overview of Data Sharing Functions
- Buffer invalidations and notifies
- Installation and definition
- Normal operation
- Recovery operations
- Monitoring and diagnostic tools
- Performance considerations
- Batch considerations
- Data sharing configurations and migration
- Define IMS subsystems, Internal Resource Lock Manager (IRLM), and coupling facilities to use IMS data sharing
- Design recovery procedures for failures in the data sharing environment
- Understand application design considerations with IMS data sharing
- Monitor the performance of a data sharing environment
- Explain IRLM and coupling facility roles in support of IMS data sharing.