IBM Spectrum Control and IBM Storage Insights Implementation and Lab Access – SSC15G SPVC
Course Code: SSC15G
Skill Level: Basic
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include:
- Technical IBM personnel
- Business Partner technical personnel
- IT consultants and architects
Implementation of IBM Spectrum Control and IBM Storage Insights to analyze and manage your software-defined storage environment.
IBM Spectrum Control is an integrated data and storage management software that provides monitoring, automation, and analytics for organizations with multiple storage systems, while IBM Storage Insights is a cloud-based service that provides visibility across storage environments to help manage complex storage infrastructures.
This course provides an overview of IBM Spectrum Control and IBM Storage Insights and how these products can help you analyze and manage your storage. This course walks you through the IBM Spectrum Control installation process, then guides you through the basic administrative tasks, including how to add devices, use and configure Probes, set up the Performance Monitor, and employ Tasks. This course also covers how to access IBM Storage Insights services using an IBM ID, install a Data Collector, add a storage system, and explore the graphical interface. You will be able to practice these skills in a set of online exercises. Last, we will demonstrate how IBM Spectrum Control Advanced Analytics can analyze tiers, balance pools, and reclaim and provision storage.
This course contains 6 units:
- Unit 1 describes the basic components and uses of IBM Spectrum Control and introduces you to the graphical interface. (10 minutes)
- Unit 2 covers the prerequisites for installing IBM Spectrum Control and walks you through the installation process. (10 minutes)
- Unit 3 demonstrates the basic administrative tasks in IBM Spectrum Control, including how to add devices, use and configure Probes, set up the Performance Monitor, as well as how to view and monitor performance data. (30 minutes)
- Unit 4 covers the fundamentals IBM Storage Insights, including how to install a Data Collector, add a storage system, and explore the graphical interface. (20 minutes)
- Unit 5 provides you with an opportunity to use IBM Storage Insights by completing a series of online exercises. (1 hour)
- Unit 6 demonstrates how IBM Spectrum Control Advanced Analytics can analyze tiers, balance pools, as well as reclaim and provision storage. (20 minutes)
- Summarize the components and uses of IBM Spectrum Control
- Install IBM Spectrum Control
- List the basic administrative tasks in IBM Spectrum Control
- Summarize the fundamentals of IBM Storage Insights
- Connect to Storage Insights and perform simple tasks
- Identify the basic uses of IBM Spectrum Control Advanced Analytics