IBM Security Verify Access Foundations – TW108GCR,ILO
Course Code: TW108G Brand: Identity and Access Management Category: Security Skill Level: Intermediate Duration: 24H Modality:CR,ILO Audience
This course is designed for system administrators and implementors interested in learning IBM Security Verify Access.
Before taking this course, make sure that you have the following skills:
- Familiarity with LDAP, TCP/IP and HTTP
- Familiarity with the Linux command-line
- Working knowledge of security concepts, including SSL, authentication, and authorization
IBM Security Verify Access simplifies access management across web, mobile, and cloud. In this course, you will learn to configure authentication, authorization, and policy access control. Overview
IBM Security Verify Access* helps you simplify your users’ access while more securely adopting web, mobile, IoT, and cloud technologies. It can be deployed on premises, in a virtual or hardware appliance, or containerized with Docker. Verify Access also directly connects with Verify SaaS for a modernized, hybrid IAM approach to enable your organization’s migration to identity as a service (IDaaS) at a comfortable pace. Using the skills taught in this course, you learn how to run Verify Access via Docker, configure authentication and authorization mechanisms, implement policy access control, and set up reverse proxy junctions to process web requests. Hands-on exercises reinforce the skills learned.
*Note: this course is based upon IBM Security Verify Access v10.x.
Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Security Verify AccessUnit 2: Architecture and deploymentUnit 3: Managing users, groups, and domainsUnit 4: Reverse Proxy (WebSEAL) conceptsUnit 5: Managing access controlUnit 6: Configuring junctions for back-end resourcesUnit 7: Authentication framework and methodsUnit 8: Logging, auditing, and tracing
- Describe IBM Security Verify Access product and its key features
- Discuss the architecture and deployment process
- Configure IBM Security Verify Access users, groups, and domains
- Introduce concepts of a reverse proxy and how it fits in your web-based infrastructure
- Describe protected object space and the policy access control model
- Explain how to set up reverse proxy junctions to handle web requests
- Discuss and configure authentication mechanisms that are supported by Verify Access
- Explain and set up logging, auditing, and tracing for Verify Access components