IBM FlashSystem Fundamentals – SSFS1G CR,ILO
Course Code: SSFS1G Brand: Storage Category: Systems Skill Level: Basic Duration: 8H Modality: CR,ILO Audience
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include:
• Technical IBM personnel
• Business Partner technical personnel
• IT consultants and architects
You should have a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations.
You may want to consider taking:
Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
This course is designed to provide an overview of the IBM FlashSystem portfolio. Overview
Enterprise data is growing exponentially. This data explosion is making commonly accepted practices of data management inadequate. Social, mobile, cloud, big data, and analytics are driving an explosion in data volumes and causing new challenges for data protection, disaster recovery, regulatory requirements, and standards for compliance. Data management has become one of the highest priorities of organizations today.
The IBM FlashSystem products are designed to help companies improve performance and reduce server sprawl, power consumption, cooling, and floor space requirements. All of this in turn can help clients save money, improve performance, and invest more in innovation. The IBM FlashSystem family can help you take control of your storage, harness existing data, and manage your IT infrastructure in a much more cloud-like fashion.
This course will aim to provide the basics of flash storage systems, specifically IBM’s portfolio in this area.
Course Administration and Introduction (00:15)
Unit 1: An Overview of Flash Storage (01:45)
Unit 2: IBM Flash Storage Portfolio (01:00)
Unit 3: An Overview of IBM Spectrum Virtualize Flash Storage (01:00)
Unit 4: IBM FlashSystem 9200 (01:30)
Unit 5: Video demonstrations (01:30)
- Video 1: Introduction and Monitoring
- Video 2: User Management
- Video 3: Create and manage Pools
- Video 4: Windows Host Attachment
- Video 5: Red Hat Enterprise Linux integration with IBM FlashSystem
- Video 6: Thin Provisioning and Volume Mirroring
- Demonstrate an understanding of flash storage from a technology standpoint
- Summarize the benefits of IBM FlashCore technology
- Recognize all the flash storage products from IBM and their benefits
- Summarize the architecture of IBM FlashSystem products and Spectrum Virtualize
- Demonstrate an ability to access and interact with the graphical interface of an IBM Spectrum Virtualize FlashSystem
- Summarize the various use cases of each of the FlashSystem products