IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management for Business Analysts – ODC8135GWBT
Course Code: ODC8135G Brand: Engineering Lifecycle Mgmt Category: Business Operations Skill Level: Intermediate Duration: 12H Modality:WBT Audience
This course is intended for Business Analysts
Familiarity with the Microsoft Windows operating system, applications for the Microsoft Windows operating system, and Web browsers.
Analysts and engineers learn how to define, elaborate, organize, and manage textual and graphical requirements and requirements-related information in IBM DOORS Next Generation. Overview
This course teaches analysts and engineers learn how to define, elaborate, organize, and manage textual and graphical requirements and requirements-related information in IBM DOORS Next Generation.
DOORS Next is a key component of Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM). The product provides requirements definition and management capabilities in a fully-integrated environment that can also include IBM Engineering Workflow Management for change and configuration management, and IBM Engineering Test Management for quality management.
The course also contains exercises mirroring the instructor-led version and are performed in a simulated environment that does not require connection or access to a live system which provides extreme flexibility in taking the course.
Unit 1 – Learn about ELM, EWM, and DOORS Next Unit 2 – Learn about Organizing Requirements Unit 3 – Learn about DOORS Next Modules Unit 4 – Learn about DOORS Next Modules Unit 5 – Learn about Importing Artifacts Unit 6 – Learn about Traceability Unit 7 – Learn about the Basics of EWM Unit 8 – Learn about Quality Management
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) approach
- Fid, create, and manage work items in Engineering Workflow Management (EWM)
- View and work with requirements and other artifacts in a collaborative context
- Create and edit requirements documents and other artifacts, including both textual and graphical artifacts
- Create, manage, and view traceability relationships between requirements and other artifacts
- Manage requirements throughout a project lifecycle
- Understand the role of Engineering Test Management (ETM) in the ELM lifecycle
- Navigate ETM