IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1 – Workflow application deployment – F237G CR,ILO,SPVC
Course Code: F237G Brand: Digital Business Automation Category: Cloud Skill Level: Intermediate Duration: 8H Modality: CR,ILO,SPVC Audience
- Workflow System Administrator responsible for deploying the workflow application into other environments, for example Quality Assurance testing or Production.
- Workflow Author responsible for developing FileNet workflow applications who needs to package the application in preparation for deployment to other environments.
- Anyone who needs to deploy FileNet workflow applications from one environment to another.
Prior knowledge that is required:
- Basic knowledge of organization’s business process applications.
- Basic knowledge of database technology.
- PCs, networks, and their organization’s server operating systems at the expert level
- Prerequisite courses:
- F115G IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2: Implementation and Administration
- F230G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Introduction
- F231G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Configure the workflow system
- F232G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Workflow security
Your FileNet workflow application is ready to move to production, how do you get it there? Learn how to deploy FileNet workflow applications between environments. Overview
This course trains:
- The skills that are needed to deploy FileNet workflow applications from one environment to another.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
How to move FileNet workflow applications
- Elements of a FileNet workflow application
- Understand the migration and deployment process
- What are the deployment phases?
- What tools are used for application deployment?
Prepare for application deployment
- Assemble deployment instructions.
- Identify the FileNet application artifacts and assets.
- Verify source and destination environment compatibility.
Export the application assets
- Export FileNet P8 domain assets
- Create or update export manifest
- Export assets to a deployment dataset
- Extract the source environment half maps
- Create a deployment package
- Export other IBM and external assets
- Export user interface assets
Convert and analyze the FileNet P8 assets
- Prepare the destination environment
- Extract the destination environment half maps
- Create a source-destination pair definition
- Create the conversion data maps
- Converting assets for import
- Perform a change impact analysis
Import the application assets
- Import pre-requisite assets
- Import FileNet P8 assets
- Import non-FileNet P8 assets
Use the FDM command line interface
- Introduction to the command line interface
- Deployment operations
- Solutions to Exercises.
- Start and Stop System Components.
Upon completion of this course, participants are able to:
- Understand the process of moving FileNet Workflow applications.
- Prepare for workflow application deployment.
- Export the application assets or extract the application assets from an application package.
- Analyze the impact of the deployment on the destination environment.
- Import the application assets and complete the application deployment.
- Use the FileNet Deployment Manager command line interface.