Fundamentals of IBM DataPower Gateway – ZE755GSPVC
Course Code: ZE755G Brand: Integration & Development Category: Cloud Skill Level: Basic Duration: 8H Modality:SPVC Audience
This course is designed for solution architects.
This course introduces solution architects to IBM DataPower Gateway 7.5. Overview
This course introduces solution architects to IBM DataPower Gateway 7.5. The course teaches you the essential skills that are required to configure, implement, and troubleshoot services that are developed on the IBM DataPower Gateways (IDG) with firmware version 7.5, regardless of use case.
In this course, you learn the key features for IBM DataPower Gateway. You learn how to develop and debug services that are implemented on the DataPower gateways. You use the WebGUI and Blueprint Console to examine a multi-protocol gateway, edit the gateway, and test the service by using a browser and by using the cURL command. You learn the basic steps necessary to implement a message flow within the DataPower gateway. Finally, you use the SoapUI tool to send a SOAP message to the multi-protocol gateway that you create. This course is designed for solution architects to provide an overview of the full capabilities of developing and debugging services in IBM DataPower Gateway without going deeply through each feature.
This course is a subset of the two-and-a-half day course: Essentials of Service Development for IBM DataPower Gateway V7.5 (WE751 / ZE751). Developers who need in-depth training in IBM DataPower Gateway should take WE751 / ZE751.
- Course introduction
- Quick introduction to developing on DataPower
- Exercise 1. First exposure to the DataPower developer environment
- Services overview
- Structure of a service
- Exercise 2. Creating a BookingService gateway
- Key features of IBM DataPower Gateway
- Course summary
- Describe how DataPower gateways are configured
- Start the creation of a DataPower service
- List the supported services on the DataPower gateway
- List the basic structural components of a service and describe their relationships
- Create a service policy with actions that process the client request or server response
- Configure a multi-protocol gateway to provide a service over a set of different protocols
- Use the SoapUI tool to send a SOAP message to test multi-protocol gateways
- List the problem determination tools that are available on the DataPower gateway
- Identify error handling On Error action, the error rule, and the MPGW’s error policy
- Explain how to secure connections by using SSL to and from the DataPower gateway
- Identify the SLM functions that the DataPower gateway provides
- Identify DataPower patterns for service configuration