Korn and Bash Shell Programming – AN202G CR,ILO
Course Code: AN202G
Brand: Power Systems – AIX
Skill Level: Intermediate
This course is for support staff for AIX on POWER systems
You should have:
- An understanding of programming fundamentals: variables, flow control concepts such as repetition and decision.
- A working knowledge of AIX including the use of the vi editor, find and grep commands.
Students without this experience should attend AIX Basics (AN10G).
This course provides the foundational skills necessary to configure, administer, and accomplish the major business functions provided by IBM Identity Manager.
This course will teach you how to use shell scripts and utilities for practical system administration of AIX (or other UNIX) operating systems.
- Basic shell concepts
- Flow control in a shell Script
- Functions and typeset
- Shell features such as arithmetic and string handling
- Using regular expressions
- Using sed, awk and other AIX utilities
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Distinguish Korn and bash shell specific features
• Use utilities such as sed and awk to manipulate data
• Understand system shell scripts such as /etc/shutdown
• Write useful shell scripts to aid system administration