IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.3 Advanced Administration – TOS63G SPVC
Course Code: TOS63G
Brand: Management & Platform
Skill Level: Intermediate
This intermediate-level course is for Tivoli administrators, technical support personnel, and IT services specialists who are responsible for implementing and administering IBM Tivoli Monitoring.
You should have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with event management
- Experience with the Tivoli Enterprise Portal
- Working knowledge of Netcool/OMNIbus (suggested but not required)
Learn about creating queries, links, situations (enterprise and private), autonomous agents, policies, agentless monitoring, and event integration with Netcool/OMNIbus and Tivoli Enterprise Console.
This two-day course teaches the skills necessary to administer IBM Tivoli Monitoring and the Tivoli Enterprise Portal. The Tivoli Enterprise Portal is used by IBM Tivoli Monitoring, IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager, and OMEGAMON XE and DE to manage your enterprise environment. In this course you learn about creating queries, links, situations (enterprise and private), autonomous agents, policies, agentless monitoring, and event integration with Netcool/OMNIbus and Tivoli Enterprise Console. This training class is provided in a classroom environment with multiple opportunities for hands-on lab practice. The scenarios used in this class are based on IBM Tivoli Monitoring version 6.3.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Advanced link topics
- Monitoring your enterprise using advanced situation techniques
- Agent autonomy
- Working with policies
- Agentless monitoring
- Agent Management Services
- Managing situation event integration
- Command-line interfaces
- Create and manage queries to access data
- Construct links for easy portal navigation
- Build enterprise situation events
- Configure and manage agents running in autonomous mode
- Create and manage workflow automation with policies
- Create agentless monitoring
- Use Agent Management Services
- Integrate events with Netcool/OMNIbus
- Use commands effectively