IBM Cognos Analytics: Architecture and Logging (v11.0) SPVC – J4019G SPVC
Course Code: J4019G
Brand: DS&BA – Cognos Analytics
Skill Level: Advanced
Administrators responsible for administering the IBM Cognos Analytics 11.0 environment
• IBM Cognos Analytics: Administration (v11.0) course or equivalent experience administering the IBM Cognos Analytics environment.
Participants will learn how to identify components of the IBM Cognos Analytics architecture and how to use tools and techniques to troubleshoot issues.
Contains: PDF course guide, as well as a lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace.
This course is designed to teach participants how to identify components and sub-components of the IBM Cognos Analytics architecture and how to use tools and techniques to provide a foundation to troubleshoot issues. Through lecture and interactive exercises participants will identify IBM Cognos Analytics components, examine how these components interact with Java, and will explore logging to assist when troubleshooting issues.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
1: Introduction and Service-Oriented Architecture
• Identify IBM Cognos 11.0 architectural components
• Describe Service-Oriented Architecture in IBM Cognos Analytics
2: Explore the IBM Cognos Dispatcher
• Describe IBM Cognos Dispatcher
• Describe request routing and the routing process
• Describe Content Manager Cache Service
3: Examine IBM Cognos services
• Identify IBM Cognos services
• Explore the architecture in IBM Cognos 11.0
4: Examine Java memory management
• Describe Java memory layout
• Manage Java memory
• Use tools to monitor Java memory
5: Examine audit logging and Indication Processing Facility logging
• Describe installation logs and configuration logs
• Explore audit logging
• Explore IPF logging
6: Perform dye tracing
• Identify dye tracing requirements
• Perform dye tracing
7: Explore Dynamic Query Mode
• Explain Dynamic Query Mode (DQM) logging
• Explain IBM Cognos Dynamic Query Analyzer (DQA)
8: Explore component logging
• Explore component logging for Gateway, Dispatcher, Report Server, and Universal Data Access layer
9: Examine additional tools and special task logging
• Explore diagnostic tools and utilities for special task logging
Please refer to course overview.