IMS Transaction Manager Application Programming – CM18G CR
Course Code: CM18G
Brand: IBM Z – Information Management Solution
Skill Level: Intermediate
This intermediate course is for individuals responsible for writing programs in Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL), or Programming Language One (PL/I) using DL/I to communicate with terminals in an IMS/DC system.
- IMS Fundamentals (CM010) or IMS Fundamentals -Web (CMW01)
- IMS DB Application Programming (U3717)
- or be able to:
- Describe the basic control and flow of IMS/DC communications facilities
- Understand the DL/I components and calls of a database application program
- Modify a program in COBOL or PL/I to add IMS/DC functions
This intermediate course is for individuals responsible for writing programs in Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL), or Programming Language One (PL/I) using DL/I.
Learn how to write application programs that use Data Language One (DL/I) to process terminal input and output messages in an Information Management System / Data Communications (IMS/DC) system.
- IMS TM System Overview
- Message Processing Programming
- Get/Send Terminal Data
- Message Format Services (MFS)
- Create and use MFS control blocks
- IMS/TM Additional Facilities
- Modify an IMS batch DL/I application program to function in an IMS/DC environment: receiving a message from a terminal and sending output messages to terminals
- Handle the exception conditions that may occur using DL/I functions
- Work with Scratch Pad Areas (SPA) in an IMS-conversational program
- Understand the application program considerations in using Message Format Services (MFS) and the system service functions data structures