Power Systems Running Linux: Server Administration – LX071G CR,ILO
Course Code: LX071G
Brand: Power Systems – Linux
Skill Level: Intermediate
System administrators that have experience with either Linux or Power Systems, but not both. This course provides the bridge for those skill sets to be brought together.
Students attending this course should have a basic background in systems administration and/or troubleshooting. No previous course ware is required.
This course introduces basic administrative tasks associated with Linux Servers based on Power Systems servers.
This course introduces basic administrative tasks associated with Linux Servers hosted on Power Systems servers. This includes installation, command line operations, system administration, device management, IBM tools, and system recovery.
Unit 1 – Installing Linux on Power systems
Exercise 1 – Linux installation
Unit 2 – System management tools
Exercise 2 – System management tasks
Exercise 2 – System management tasks (continued)
Unit 3 – Power Systems device operations and rescue mode
Exercise 3 – Manage Power systems devices and rescue operations
Unit 4 – Linux systemd
Unit 4 – Linux systemd (continued)
Exercise 4 – System administration
Unit 5 – Service and productivity tools
Exercise 4 – Linux on Power service productivity tools
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize different execution environments that a Linux server runs on within a POWER8 processor – based server
- Install Linux Server on a POWER8 processor – based server
- Manage Linux Server within a POWER8 processor – based server environment using standard tools
- Install and use IBM Service and Productivity tools
- Customize the configuration of the boot loader
- Use recovery mode to rescue a failed Linux instance