IBM Planning Analytics/Cognos TM1 Design and Develop Models in Architect (V10.2) – SPVC – J1261G SPVC
Course Code: J1261G
Brand: DS&BA – Planning Analytics
Skill Level: Advanced
This advance course is for Modelers.
You should have:
- Basic knowledge of OLAP and TM1
- Significant experience with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (functions, macros, etc.)
- Understanding of the metrics and drivers of your business
- IBM Cognos TM1: Analyze and Share Data (V10.2) (recommended)
Modelers will learn how to build a cube model in TM1 using the Architect tool, how to set up and verify dimensions, cubes and views, manually enter data and define the data that users can see.
This course is designed to teach modelers how to build a basic cube model in TM1 using the Architect tool. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, students will learn how to set up and verify dimensions, cubes, and views, manually enter data into these structures, and define the data that users can see. Students will also learn how to transfer data into the TM1 model, including the use of TurboIntegrator processes. This course is ideal for users who already have models built with Architect and need a high degree of customization, or whose model complexity has evolved past Performance Modeler capabilities.
This training was developed using IBM Cognos TM1 10.2 but is applicable to both IBM Cognos TM1 v10.2 and IBM Planning Analytics.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms.
- Examine the components of a TM1 model
- Create dimensions
- Build cubes and views
- Load and maintain data
- Add business rules
- Optimize business rules
- Transfer data into the model
- Customize drill paths
- Use rules for advanced modeling
- Convert currencies
- Model for different fiscal requirements
- Deploy TM1 applications to the Web
- Integrate with IBM Cognos BI
Please refer to course overview for description information.